If you’ve been browsing the Kea Database lately, you might have seen a few changes! We launched the latest version of the database a few weeks back, including the following new features:
- Inclusion of the LINZ New Zealand topographic maps (when you zoom in)
- Band visualisations (visual representation of what the bands look like)
- Advanced searching and filtering—there’s a few more options available on the Browse Birds page (under ‘Advanced Search’)
- Various reliability improvements and long-standing bugs fixed
- Visual improvements, such as showing a gallery of pictures for identified birds in a sighting
As usual, we’ve tried to make sure there aren’t too many bugs, but if you do run into any issues please let us know (via email), so we can try and fix them.
Thanks again for your continued support of the project!
On behalf of the Kea Sightings Project
(Topographic Map in cover photo from LINZ, Crown Copyright Reserved)