These terms were adapted from the iNaturalist Terms of Service. Updated 26 July 2017.
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the Website, each user (“You”, “Your” or “User”) agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If You do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this Agreement, You should not access the Website or use any services made available via the Website.
- Responsibility of Contributors. If You post material to the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, You represent and warrant that:
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not libelous or defamatory, does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- Your login is not named in a manner that misleads Your readers into thinking that You are another person or company. For example, Your login name is not the name of a person other than Yourself or company other than Your own;
- Your content is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, journals and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods.
- Responsibility of Website Visitors. The KSP has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, the KSP does not represent or imply that it endorses the material posted to the Website, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect Yourself and Your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. The KSP disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content posted to the Website.
- Non-Commercial Use. You agree not to use the Website for commercial purpose without prior authorisation which may be withheld in KSP’s sole discretion, or for any illegal, unlawful, inappropriate or unauthorised purpose or activity.
- Changes. The KSP reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is Your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Notice of material changes to these Terms and Conditions of Use will be posted at the beginning of these Terms and Conditions of Use. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. The KSP may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
When you request information from our website or send information to our website, information may be sent to third parties. A full and current list of these third parties can be obtained by using the ‘view source’ function in your web browser. These third parties include:
- Google Inc., for downloading fonts and software that forms part of the website, and for analysing our web site usage over time.
Where your web browser sends information to third parties as part of accessing this website or submitting information to this website, we do not accept responsibility for those third parties. The third parties may not be bound by New Zealand law, for example the Privacy Act 1993.
Your personal information gathered on this website will only be disclosed by us when we are legally required to do so.