Interested in helping us out with this project? Sponsor a kea!
- For $500 you can choose the name for a newly-banded kea
- For $200 you can choose to sponsor a bird that has already been named (use the search feature in the kea database to find out what names are already used)
- For other amounts, feel free to contribute to our campaign on Givealittle
What you get with sponsorship
This kea is publicly available online, and the idea is that you’ll be able to track sightings of where it is and what it gets up to over time. The name of your business and a link to your website will be listed as part of the bird’s profile, and you’ll be able to share the link to the bird around with others.
Examples of sponsored birds including Tuhura, Kala and Hipi Pukepuke.
You could even use the sponsorship opportunity as part of a social media campaign to crowd-source a name!
Kea available for sponsorship
These birds are currently available for sponsorship:
- Mt. Hutt Ski Area
- none presently
- Porters Ski Area
- Black H on White (Male, Fledgling)
- Deaths Corner (Otira Viaduct)
- Red D on White
- Black K on Grey
- Arthur’s Pass Village
- Yellow # on Blue (Female, Fledgling)
- Yellow 5 on Blue
- Black H on Yellow
- Black 4 on White
- Temple Basin Ski Area
- Black 7 on White
How do I sponsor a bird?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll take it from there.
For tax purposes donations made are to a charitable trust (Kea Conservation Trust) and a receipt can be provided as necessary.